How do I keep all LINE data when changing my SIM card?
I have an iPhone 6 plus. I'll be changing my SIM card briefly (for about 6 weeks) as I'll be in the UK rather than my home in Japan.
I heard that if you change your SIM card you lose all your previous LINE data (eg contacts and chat history).
Is there anyway to avoid this?
If not, is there some way to keep my old account on another phone (eg use iTunes sync or iCloud back up), and then transfer it back again to my current phone when I get back to Japan?
Thanks for your help
- 07-24-2015, 08:45 AM #2
Re: how to keep all LINE data when changing SIMcard
This should help you carry the account to a different device and back.
From the Line website:
Settings necessary for carrying over your account:
1. You have registered an email address and password under Email Registration.
2. Your LINE account is linked with your Facebook account.
Some countries require you to set up a PIN or use the last four digits of your registered telephone number in order to carry over your LINE account with a different phone number.
- 07-24-2015, 10:04 AM #3
- 07-24-2015, 10:33 AM #4
- 07-25-2015, 08:48 PM #5
- 07-25-2015, 09:44 PM #6
- 07-25-2015, 09:46 PM #7
- 07-26-2015, 05:15 AM #8
Re: How do I keep all LINE data when changing my SIM card?
Unfortunately Line doesn't work in the same way as whatsapp. It's less user friendly and won't let you keep the same account if you change your sim.
I can't use the other phone as it's locked. Japanese iPhones can't be unlocked. The latest iPhone I have I bought at the Apple Store so it can be unlocked.
- 07-30-2015, 05:22 AM #9
- By Rebelkitty6924@yahoo.com in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-24-2015, 05:07 PM
- By michael lee in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2015, 08:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2015, 08:40 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2015, 06:12 AM