Should I Upgrade my iPad Air to an iPad Air 2?

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I have worked out that if I sell my iPad for a reasonable price I can use the money to get an iPad air 2 for a very good price when I go to Guernsey. So if I can get a new iPad for such a cheap price is it worth the upgrade or should I stick with what I have?
Thanks, Josh

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I would wait and upgrade in the fall. There are some new features in iOS9 that a newer iPad (either Air 2 or the new one that will come out in the fall) will be able to use.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
What is it that you expect the iPad Air 2 to be able to accomplish that your Air cannot? Is the Touch ID on the iPad important to you?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The Air 2 was a pretty marginal upgrade over the original Air. By the time we're at the point where the A8X is going to handle things the A7 won't both processors will be quite outdated. I would definitely hold out for an Air 3 or iPad Pro rather than swap an Air for the Air 2.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have worked out that if I sell my iPad for a reasonable price I can use the money to get an iPad air 2 for a very good price when I go to Guernsey. So if I can get a new iPad for such a cheap price is it worth the upgrade or should I stick with what I have?
Thanks, Josh

Depending on how and what you use the iPad for should determine if you should get a Air2 or wait for a newer one.
For example the iPad 2 has been good for my needs for the last 4 years and I've been contemplating getting a Air 2 instead of a Air 3 or whatever they call it. As far as iPads I don't require the latest and greatest one. Just think about what you require.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Depending on how and what you use the iPad for should determine if you should get a Air2 or wait for a newer one.
For example the iPad 2 has been good for my needs for the last 4 years and I've been contemplating getting a Air 2 instead of a Air 3 or whatever they call it. As far as iPads I don't require the latest and greatest one. Just think about what you require.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I agree with ied it all depends on what you use it for, if you looking to save a few bucks it doesn't matter than much as they all practically do he same thing, unless your getting a bigger memory upgrade as well.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from a Mini 2 to an Air 2. It was worth it, because I wanted the bigger screen and more storage (Mini only had 16, I wanted 64). But, being this close to the fall and a new iPad launch, I would hold off until the Air 3, especially if your Air is still working well.