Is it true that after factory reset you need to enter your iCloud password?

I

iMore Question

Hello. I've had my iPhone 6 screen scattered. It was insured, so i've send them my broken iPhone to fix it. They said it wasn't fixable and gave me a new one. Now people from insurance company are calling me and asking for my iCloud password , to unlock the phone, because they fixed it, factory restored it and now want to sell it. And it doesn't unlock for them without my password. Is this some thief prevention system, that they can't use iPhone when they steal it? I need to know, because people from the insurance company are calling me everyday and it's getting pretty annoying. Thanks for the info!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes with your iCloud still on the iPhone they can't do anything with the iPhone. If they gave you a replacement iPhone you need to remove that old iphone from your iCloud account, if not your insurance company can charge you up to 800 dollars for the replacement in the US. Also if you had a passcode on your iPhone you need to give them that code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I've had my iPhone 6 screen scattered. It was insured, so i've send them my broken iPhone to fix it. They said it wasn't fixable and gave me a new one. Now people from insurance company are calling me and asking for my iCloud password , to unlock the phone, because they fixed it, factory restored it and now want to sell it. And it doesn't unlock for them without my password. Is this some thief prevention system, that they can't use iPhone when they steal it? I need to know, because people from the insurance company are calling me everyday and it's getting pretty annoying. Thanks for the info!

Have them turn on the phone. Afterwards, login to the iCloud website and then select the Find My iPhone option. When it locates the old iPhone, select to remotely wipe it. That will erase that particular iPhone and remove the iCloud Activation Lock so that it can be used without a problem by someone else.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77