Why does my comcast email account upload old emails that I deleted months ago?

I

iMore Question

Just bought the iphone 5s... having trouble with my Comcast email account now that its linked to my phone. When I receive emails and delete them... randomly 200+ emails will be restored to my phone that I deleted month even years ago... taking up an extreme amount of my cellular data. But with my gmail accounts and hotmail email accounts that are linked its not having that problem? Can you help me, both AT&T and Apple can't seem to help with the problem, just telling me to delete the Comcast email account from the phone... but then I don't have access to my emails.
Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you deleted email 'messages months , even years ago' as you've stated then apparently those messages were never actually deleted. If they were, your phone, regardless of the brand, would not be able to retrieve them. You need to login to your Comcast account via a computer and delete the emails. The result will sync to your iPhone.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have a way to access your e-mail account via a browser, go to your account and remove those old e-mails. Moreover, check for configuration settings that remove deleted items after so much time.