Should i upgrade my iphone 4s from ios 7 to ios 8.4?
Currently on my 4s i am running the last version of ios 7 but recently was wondering should i upgrade to a more secure and stable ios 8.4?
I don't want to brick my phone so, should i wait for the ios9 that will be released in September?
- 07-13-2015, 11:55 PM #2iMore Guru
- 1,809 Posts
Re: Should i upgrade my iphone 4s from ios 7 to ios 8.4?
Upgrading won't brick your phone unless something goes wrong during the update process, and that could happen to anyone. Luckily if that does happen you can always boot into DFU mode and restore. Just remember to always back up your device before an update. The real question is whether or not you want to upgrade. Take a look at what features made it onto the 4S and then decide if it's worth the upgrade. Apple always sends out scaled down versions of the new versions of iOS the older the devices get because they simply can't handle the full load of the new version.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 07-16-2015, 04:14 AM
- By jesswilliams025 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-13-2015, 08:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2015, 08:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2015, 08:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2015, 07:23 PM