- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
I bought a iPhone 5s and the fingerprint Id has never been on settings. Why?
I have been on the Internet and YouTube. I have gone to settings>General and it should be there as people say. If not I've also seen people just go to settings and it is there. But my iPhone doesn't show up anywhere. I reset it & restarted it & still nothing. Why doesn't the Touch ID option show up? What's going on?
Last edited by juanchocx; 07-13-2015 at 12:22 AM.
- 07-13-2015, 01:21 AM #2iMore Expert
- 800 Posts
Re: I bought a iPhone 5s and the fingerprint Id has never been on settings. Why?
How sure are you that it's an iPhone 5s? Connect it to iTunes on your computer and let iTunes display the type of iPhone it is. If from there it's sure an iPhone 5s, then it mean that the unique cable that connect the finger print sensor to the CPU have been replaced as this causes the finger print to auto disable once that original cable is not there. But your issue sound more like an iPhone 5 wearing a 5s Touch ID home button. I could be wrong though, so make sure it's a 5s in the first place.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 07-13-2015, 04:53 PM #3
- 07-13-2015, 05:09 PM #4
- 07-13-2015, 06:26 PM #5
- By Buddha Piece in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 19Last Post: 08-03-2015, 06:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-16-2015, 08:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2015, 01:24 AM
- By Nogitsune Micah in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2015, 12:29 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2015, 11:25 PM