Can I roll back to iOS 8.4 after iOS 9 public beta?

I

iMore Question

Many of my main apps do not open in iOS 9 public beta 2. After 6 iCloud restore from backup attempts, iOS 9.0 is still installed. After 2.5 hours of calls to Apple, they told me to contact the forums. Thus the reason I'm here looking for real help.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Put your phone in DFU mode & connect to iTunes to restor. Just make sure you have the current version of iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Put your phone in DFU mode & connect to iTunes to restor. Just make sure you have the current version of iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THIS ^^^^

First of all, make sure that you’re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Good luck.

How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey man... yeah man. Things still a bit hectic, but I'm doing my best to get them in order again.

Hope the same for you and the fam... I know the little one isn't so little any more.

Nothing about your life is hectic lol just kidding, how's things going Duvi?

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To the OP:

Hopefully you had a backup PRIOR to installing the public beta of iOS9. You can restore to that backup after you are on 8.4 again, if not you will need to re-install and re-configure everything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2