iTunes windows archive

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to archive a backup of my iPhone on iTunes on Windows. Per the iOS nine beta instructions it says to archive a backup before installing the beta. However I see no option to archive and can't find anything online. Anybody have any answers?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Simply backing up your phone to your PC should be enough. By archive, they're just telling you to keep your backup safe and not delete it. This is so that if you have a problem with the beta software, you can easily restore your phone to a working state.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Simply backing up your phone to your PC should be enough. By archive, they're just telling you to keep your backup safe and not delete it. This is so that if you have a problem with the beta software, you can easily restore your phone to a working state.

If I go back to 8.4 I will lose everything I've done while on 9 correct? Messages, pics etc...

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
You have to choose your last back up and go to the toolbar in iTunes to archive it, as any other backup or sync can override the existing file. Go to the tutorial on the imore main site. It tells how to archive.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
If I just stay on the public beta will I be able to update right to iOS 9 when it goes live to everyone in September? Trying to avoid losing all my messages and such from when I started the beta.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh