Regarding Music, why is my purchased songs not showing up in my music?

I

iMore Question

I am missing the obvious I think however I have a new macbook pro. I installed itunes and all that. My question is this, I have apple music as part of my family. When I look in the itunes store I can see all of my purchases however it does not show up in my music. Do I have to download all of my purchases to my new computer in order for them to show up? I would think I could stream from the cloud but do I have to download a copy from the cloud (my purchases) which then becomes a local copy which then would be a part of my music and available in apple music? I am confused. Please help.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Purchased songs not in my music

Did you sign in with your Apple ID?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes I did, I can see the music I purchased when in iTunes store on my Mac when using iTunes. They all have a download cloud icon next to them so they are there for the taking but I thought I would not have to download them because I could stream. Therin lies my confusion.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Make sure your iCloud music library is toggled to On.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It is on on her phone for sure and nothing is there. In iTunes I can't recall if I got any messages when I started it. Is there a spot in it to turn it on? Her profile shows her to be a member of family music sharing when I looked.

The way it looks to me is it shows no music in her my music, completely empty. I would think that even if it was not downloaded to her computer that it still would be associated to it because it is on the Apple cloud of purchases for her. That's why I am confused.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ugh.....so frustrating. I was ready to chuck my phone at the wall over the weekend.
I'm sorry I've got no further suggestions. I'm sorry.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

MJR1

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. I suddenly have a complete album (Tea for the Tillerman) that shows as "Purchased" on iTunes but is not on my Music app. I would just rebuy it if I could, but since it shows as purchased, I can't rebuy it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Open iTunes, select all music files, right click with your mouse, select 'Add to Music Library' and all your songs in iTunes will be available on your phone

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I do not have a Mac or PC. But lately I am encountering the same issue. When I purchase music on my iPhone, than go back into Apple Music.
The purchased songs are not showing. I have toggled on and off iCloud music. And it still does not show.
I also powered off my phone, and did a hard reset, nothing.
If I type in the song or Artist, within my music, it shows.
So I don't know if this is a bug in IOS 9, or what. But it's frustrating to say the least.

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had a similar issue but it was resolved when I merged my library with Apple Music.

Sent from my amazing, beautiful Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus!

eL Dubya

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: Regarding Music, why is my purchased songs not showing up in my music?

Just figured out why this was happening to me. I had an album I purchased where only 9 of the 10 songs were showing up on my iphone in Music. I opened up iTunes on my phone and I could clearly see that same album where the 9 songs said "Play" next to it and the other song said "Purchased". There was no way to download it again.

To fix that, apparently the song got deleted on accident by me or just somehow. Only way to fix it is to open iTunes on a Mac or PC. On the Mac, on the top menu bar to go Account > View My Account... From there type in your Apple ID password. Scroll down to iTunes in the Cloud section and by the Hidden Purchases part, click on Manage. All songs that were/are deleted, will show up there and the second you change it they show up on your phone pretty quickly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711