What is the best Wifi Router? My budget is $300.
I am looking to replace my Airport Extreme with something else with lots of features. I would like to put DD-WRT on it. This would be for my home office which is in the basement (along with cable internet connection) and I have a 3 story house, roughly 4000 sq.ft. On average I have about 15-25 wireless devices connecting to it at one time. Right now I can also see about 10 other wifi connections from neighbors. I have been looking at the D-Link DIR-890L/R Wireless AC3200 or the LINKSYS WRT1900AC AC1900. Any ideas or suggestions would greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- 07-01-2015, 07:10 PM #2
- 07-02-2015, 09:23 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: What is the best Wifi Router? My budget is $300.
I have had Apple's AE's for many years now and I do like them but they are also lacking lots of features that I would like with DD-WRT. My current AE is Apple's most current version and it just seems to be failing. My wifi speeds get incredibly slow throughout the day and as soon as I reboot it, the speed somewhat gets better but then over time slows down again. I have tried the factory wipe and put my configuration back on it and that didn't help. I think it is just failing. I also have a older AE and a Airport Express that I use to extend the signal to all floors but that hasn't helped either. I can barely watch Netflix on an AppleTV one floor up and it lags a lot. I have Charter 60Mb/s speed going into the AE. Last night I speed tested on my iPhone and only got 0.9Mb/s down and after a reboot it only went to 2.3Mb/s down. That is not good.
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-02-2015, 04:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2015, 05:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-01-2015, 04:24 PM
- By Skippermark in forum Apple MusicReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2015, 03:43 PM