I had to file a claim through Assurion the insurance through AT&T. They "Assured" me that the new device would be NEW. However, it is totally buggy and the performance is horrific. I want to verify that the phone was a refurbished.
    06-27-2015 10:22 AM
    I had to file a claim through Assurion the insurance through AT&T. They "Assured" me that the new device would be NEW. However, it is totally buggy and the performance is horrific. I want to verify that the phone was a refurbished.
    There is no way to tell. Refurbs from Apple are completely reliable. You may need to restore the device with a fresh install of iOS. "Buggy" is typically software, and reinstalling a fresh copy of iOS will usually restore complete functionality. Otherwise, go back to AT&T, Assurion or take the device to an Apple store for assistance.
    Bigeric23, Just_Me_D and pr1nce like this.
    06-27-2015 10:53 AM
    I'm in agreement with HankAZ. If you got your device exchanged do to it being glitchy and buggy, I assume you restored a backup made with that device onto your replacement device. If so, olive basically transferred the problem from one device to the other. The device itself is not the problem, in my opinion. I recommend that you take the time to install a fresh copy of iOS 8.3 and then set it up as a new device. Although time consuming and an inconvenience, the results will more than likely be worth the time.
    06-27-2015 12:49 PM
    Go to this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
    Enter the iPhone serial number in there, If new, you will see the warranty info related to the device, the age of the device since first activation. If fake, it will still tells you that no such a serial number in their data base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-27-2015 04:36 PM
    Go to this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
    Enter the iPhone serial number in there, If new, you will see the warranty info related to the device, the age of the device since first activation. If fake, it will still tells you that no such a serial number in their data base.

Part of the refurbishing process is to issue a new serial number. So much for this "solution". You CANNOT tell if it's new or refurbished (actually "re-manufactured"), and one more time, IT DOESN'T MATTER.
    06-27-2015 05:37 PM
    Part of the refurbishing process is to issue a new serial number. So much for this "solution". You CANNOT tell if it's new or refurbished (actually "re-manufactured"), and one more time, IT DOESN'T MATTER.
    Ok then

06-27-2015 06:05 PM
    If you have any issue, contact to Apple customer service contact number or go to website http://www.faqtory.co/apple
    Last edited by Courtney Graley; 05-16-2016 at 12:10 AM.
    04-19-2016 04:05 AM
    Thanks for this, this will come in handy for the work phone i wrecked from the DVLA
    09-30-2016 09:49 AM
    it's easy to check by this site

imei24.com
    just put IMEi and you will get an info

I jsut ched mine
    "Refurbished by Apple YES"
    10-05-2016 02:19 AM