FCC and FTC find ATT willfully mislead customers... NOW WHAT?
My question actually stems from the artificial limitation they've placed on their "UNLIMITED" data users. Apparently 44% of their clientele are still subscribed under this program, one that they've not offered in nearly 10 years. (I'm still an unlimited customer.)
So my QUESTION - and I've read threads here that seemed to have been moderated by ATT lackeys (please, if you have a horn to blow for the Corp team - please do not), my question is this - will the benefit become available now that the Gov't has taken up the fight?
I'm expecting to be able to make Wi-Fi and Data/Network calls, I'm expecting to be able to tether, I'm expecting to be able to connect my entire home to this one device...
Am I expecting too much?
- 06-24-2015, 03:46 PM #2
- 38,444 Posts
Re: FCC and FTC find ATT willfully mislead customers... NOW WHAT?
You may indeed be asking too much. If AT&T 'willfully mislead customers' in regard to unlimited data as you've stated, it doesn't mean that they will be ordered to provide said customers with free benefits. More than likely (I have not studied the case, so I'm speculating), they may be forced to provide credits to the customers' accounts or something along those lines. They still have the right to offer services at a profit.
- 06-24-2015, 04:25 PM #3
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2015, 09:09 PM
- By qtrim in forum iOS 9Replies: 3Last Post: 06-24-2015, 08:22 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2015, 06:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-24-2015, 02:37 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2015, 12:51 PM