Why are my pictures still being stored on my iPhone 5, even though I have Google Photos?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 5 and I've been trying to save up some space on it, so I got the Google Photos app. I backed everything up to the Google Drive cloud and deleted all my pictures from my photo gallery.. However, when I go into storage Google Photos takes up 3 whopping gigs of memory. I uninstalled the Google Photos app and installed it again and as my pictures started syncing the memory of Google Photos went from 116 MB to 3 Gb again. Is this happening to anyone else? Am I missing something? I have literally checked and unchecked everything about a million times and I'm still having the same problem. If someone could please shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The use of Google Photos will not impact what you store on your phone... or not. Unlike iCloud, which can be used to reduce storage space used for photos on devices.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Google Drive Cloud? Do you mean iCloud Photo Library? If you use that, why would you need Google Photos? What, exactly have you done?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77