Added a new contact to my husbands phone. Appeared in recents

I

iMore Question

I added my friends name and number to my husbands phone and It automatically appeared in recents. Has he already been in touch with her before I added her to his phone??

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
You added a woman's number to your husbands phone and then wonder if he already has spoken to her? In order to do this you had to also look at his recent calls. Wow! talk about creating your own drama. It begs the question, why did you even do this?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I added my friends name and number to my husbands phone and It automatically appeared in recents. Has he already been in touch with her before I added her to his phone??

Yes.

The point of "Recents" is to show your interactions with your Contacts. A person NOT in your "Contacts" will not show up in your "Recents".

To test this, send a text to 800-555-1212 (800 directory assistance). The text will fail because it's not a "text-able" number. It will also NOT appear in your "Recents". Now add an entry to your Contacts with that same phone number - call it ZZZ-SPAM. Now check your "Recents" and you will see an entry for your recently added ZZZ-SPAM there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Conspiring with what to get you for Mother's Day or Birthday? Was it incoming or outgoing? Maybe she called him to ask why you don't answer your phone. I get that all the time. My Wife naps too much.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner