Can employer monitor personal email account on company phone while not on company network?

I

iMore Question

Today I needed to send an email that was a personal thing to someone and couldnt make it home. I was out of the office and on my company cell phone and went through safari and sent them the email they desperately needed.

Can my company see this? I know they will see that I went to you mail.yahoo.com on the monthly bill (I go to THOUSANDS of webistes on my phone for work).

Will they be able to see what the content of the email was?

Again, company phone, NOT on company's wifi, was out of the office on 4g and didnt go through my exchange. Went through browser (safari) to yahoo mail page.

Thanks for the help.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it technically possible... Yes. Is it likely? Probably not...

That said - Keep your work stuff separate from personal stuff... separate devices...

sHAKE_zOOLA

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, thats what the IT guy told me. He said that because Im on the 4G network when out of the office they wouldnt see it.

Nor could they because its encrypted from end to end.

Does this sound right?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Again, it's technically possible depending on how the employer has things set up... even if your phone is on 4G it could be routing data via your company via a VPN and proxy server such that they can see everything you do on your phone... Is it likely they'll look at that one email? No...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711