When you switch carriers do you have to purchase a new iPhone 6?
I have an iPhone 6 with Verizon but am going to switch to Sprint service. When I went in to the store the salesperson said that I would need a new phone with the Sprint service programmed in. They said that they could switch it and I could use my existing phone but that the service wouldn't be as good and that I would only have about 50% of the service I would have if I bought a leased their phone. Is this true? or are they just trying to get me to sign up for their leasing program.
- 06-19-2015, 03:12 PM #2iMore Genius
- 20,835 Posts
Re: When you switch carriers do you have to purchase a new iPhone 6?
With Verizon & Sprint, because of their legacy CDMA networks that are used for voice, you will need a device OEMed specifically for Sprint... because that's the way Sprint works even though it would be technically feasible to use a "Verizon" phone on Sprint's network - they won't do it.
- By Closingracer in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 5Last Post: 07-17-2015, 10:18 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2015, 01:54 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2015, 12:55 PM
- By TCWillis in forum Apple WatchReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2015, 12:33 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2015, 12:30 PM