How can I reset an iphone that is disabled and icloud locked?

I

iMore Question

I work at T-Mobile and somehow an iphone came out of no where in the trade in bin at work. My manager didn't know what to do with it and just gave it to me because its icloud locked and she knew I needed an iphone battery. The phone is the phone is too nice to use just for parts. The phone is disabled and icloud locked and we dont know how completely wipe it, we are not trained to deal with this.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I work at T-Mobile and somehow an iphone came out of no where in the trade in bin at work. My manager didn't know what to do with it and just gave it to me because its icloud locked and she knew I needed an iphone battery. The phone is the phone is too nice to use just for parts. The phone is disabled and icloud locked and we dont know how completely wipe it, we are not trained to deal with this.

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout.

You can check the status of an iOS device to make sure there is no active Activation Lock in place. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.
https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

sharmainaeeeeee

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
If the phone has no passcode on it , make one and when u do click the option that says erase data when failed 10 attempts and then lock the phone and put in the passcode wrong 10 times and it restores it as a new iPhone

bg bby

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
basically, set a password on the phone and select the option where it erased the data after 10 incorrect attempts. after that, enter the password wrong 10 times at the lock screen so it erases everything.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
basically, set a password on the phone and select the option where it erased the data after 10 incorrect attempts. after that, enter the password wrong 10 times at the lock screen so it erases everything.

That will NOT deactivate the iCloud Activation Lock.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
You can call Apple support. After a detailed game of 20 questions that only the owner of the phone can give, then they will be able to assist.

Other than that, power off the device and place the new shiny paper weight on your desk.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do i unlock i chould on iphone 5 s

Yes i need now how ichpuld unlock a iphone 5s

Take the phone to your local Apple store. You'll need both the purchase receipt and a state photo ID to prove you are the owner of the phone. Without those two things you will never unlock the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77