Video usage on camera roll use data?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does watching videos that are on the camera roll use cellular data? Someone asked and I said I didn't think so. Battery, yes.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I shoot a 20 minute video and it's on my camera roll, but not in the iCloud Photo Library. If I'm off wifi, does it use data? Local music does not.

No, because it's stored directly on the storage of your device which just uses local storage data. It's basically the same rule as local music.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
He took a bunch of concert videos and they're all on his iCloud Photo Library. He wants to know how he can view them without using cellular data. I don't see a good way for him to do that.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
He took a bunch of concert videos and they're all on his iCloud Photo Library. He wants to know how he can view them without using cellular data. I don't see a good way for him to do that.

He'd have to transfer them to the phone while on wifi or via iTunes, and then he can watch them on the phone.
If they're not stored on the phone and he's on a cellular connection, then that connection is the only way to get the data to the phone when he wants to watch them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
He'd have to transfer them to the phone while on wifi or via iTunes, and then he can watch them on the phone.
If they're not stored on the phone and he's on a cellular connection, then that connection is the only way to get the data to the phone when he wants to watch them.

He's transporting them to his iPad to view local. It would take up too much space on his phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox