Using Verizon iPhone 4s in Canada? Do I need SIM card?
I have a "cellasaurus" iPhone 4s. My contract is not up for renewal and a new phone for a few months and since it works fine I'm sticking with it till then. Here is my deal- I'm traveling from the U.S. to Canada soon, I called Verizon for their Canadian coverage while I am there- ok great got the info. The $30 is reasonable and smart to prevent insane roaming charges. But the woman I spoke to at customer service said that I'll need a SIM card added to the phone to travel to Canada. She directed me to an official Verizon wireless store where they'll add it for free. I get to the store and the guy tells me I don't need it. He said that SIM cards are only needed If I was traveling outside North America and thst the phone will work just fine in Canada. So who is right? I left the store without the SIM card but I'm second guessing all this and want to call Verizon another time for a firm answer. Thank you
- 06-13-2015, 07:57 AM #2
- 06-14-2015, 06:43 PM #3iMore Intermediate
- 372 Posts
Re: Using Verizon iPhone 4s in Canada? Do I need SIM card?
Canada has CDMA and well as GSM networks. You will be able to use your VZW phone as-is with the added Canadian plan no problem.
Alternatively, you have ask VZW to unlock the SIM for international travel and then buy a local pre-paid Canadian SIM to use while there.
You can go with the added Canadian plan from VZW, buy a local SIM or both.
How long will you be there?
Will you be using primarily data or voice?
- 06-14-2015, 06:44 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-30-2015, 04:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-13-2015, 11:31 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2015, 10:21 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2015, 05:29 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2015, 05:13 PM