Why does my "Time since last full charge" say 16,595 days?
I just unboxed an iPod touch 5 on June 8th 2015 and it was completely dead. Even if I pushed the home button or the on button on top it wouldn't show the dead battery screen. So I plugged it in and waited a bit, and eventually it started up. The date and time and everything were correct, even after being so dead. I connected it to wifi and it automatically started a software update to iOS 8. I noticed the battery in the top right corner wasn't showing the percentage, so I went to Settings>General>Usage to try to turn on the percentage. (Later I found out the percentage only works on iPhones and iPads.) But I happened to notice that the "Time since last full charge" said 16,595 days. I was like lolwut :} I put it into a calculator and found that it was about 45.5 years ago (which is obviously ridiculous XD) and eventually I found out that it dated back to January 1 1970 and I remembered that that was the beginning of epoch time/Unix time/whatever. I was wondering why it showed 16,595 days instead of a dash or something. Thanks.
P.S. Yes, I did mean to say the word "that" twice up there.
- Best AnswerJun 11 2015 | 5:33 am EDT
Upon being charged, and operable, it displayed what its operating system calculated... Yes, it's really that simple.
- 06-11-2015, 05:33 AM #2
- By pappy53 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 50Last Post: 08-29-2015, 10:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-11-2015, 10:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2015, 03:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2015, 01:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2015, 01:03 PM