Apple Watch or iPad Air?

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

Here's my dilemma- I'm not sure whether to keep my 1st generation iPad Air or whether I should sell it and get an Apple Watch Sport...

I have an iPhone 6 Plus that takes over most (nearly all) of my iPads functionality, however I still occasionally use it to stream video and to watch TV as the screen size is more comfortable and it doesn't drain my phone battery.
I don't know whether the novelty of buying a new Apple Watch (I may wait for 2nd gen) outweighs the slight loss of functionality from my iPad. I think the Apple Watch could be a perfect sidekick for my phone, but I'm not sure if it would bring the extra functionality that would make losing my iPad worth it.

What are your views on this situation? What would you guys do?

Thanks,
Josh

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've been thinking about getting one too, but can't decide. I don't use my iPhone all the time. I switch between it and a One M9. I bit the bullet on a 360 when BB was selling them for 150. But I don't know if I can validate spending that much on a watch I won't even use 24/7. I also want a new MacBook. Decisions, decisions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If using your iPhone has taken away from using your iPad Air then it may be worth selling and using the proceeds to get an Watch. Having said that, if you haven't figured out the manner in which you will use the Watch then don't waste your time getting it. The Watch is indeed something to be used everyday, and will pay for itself quickly, in my opinion. Still, it's not for everyone and there are people who have one and don't know what to do with it.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just my opinion: I would not want to be without my iPad mini. I really like my Apple Watch, but I would not chose an Apple Watch over an iPad.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys.

Here's my dilemma- I'm not sure whether to keep my 1st generation iPad Air or whether I should sell it and get an Apple Watch Sport...

I have an iPhone 6 Plus that takes over most (nearly all) of my iPads functionality, however I still occasionally use it to stream video and to watch TV as the screen size is more comfortable and it doesn't drain my phone battery.
I don't know whether the novelty of buying a new Apple Watch (I may wait for 2nd gen) outweighs the slight loss of functionality from my iPad. I think the Apple Watch could be a perfect sidekick for my phone, but I'm not sure if it would bring the extra functionality that would make losing my iPad worth it.

What are your views on this situation? What would you guys do?

Thanks,
Josh

If your iPad is still functional, I would go with the Apple Watch. I've had mine since the day it was released and I haven't regretted it for a second. I use my iPhone 6 less and I am less distracted during work and meetings because of the Apple Watch. Happy shopping!