Former employee didn't leave ipad passwords

I

iMore Question

After we fired an employee, we can get into the ipad, but it keeps freezing wanting an iCloud password. Also can't download apps because we don't have his iTunes password and apple store password. How can I restore this ipad to factory settings without paying apple a small fortune to do it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple customer help said they cpuld do it if I sent it in for about 100 bucks
I've never heard this before...

Just take the former employee to small claims court for the value of the iPad plus your court costs... and amend your terms and conditions of employment to include that any company devices must be returned with all passwords, activation locks, etc. removed from the device or the ex-employee will be responsible for the cost of replacing the device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's through Verizon and I can prove ownerahip. Apple customer help said they cpuld do it if I sent it in for about 100 bucks

Well, then, if it's worth a $100 to you, then do as Apple said. There's nothing we can do here at iMore. It seems a few policy changes are in order at work.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's through Verizon and I can prove ownerahip. Apple customer help said they cpuld do it if I sent it in for about 100 bucks

I don't believe they can/will.

My company has a standard form that we all had to sign when we hired on. Basically it says that we have to return all assigned equipment, complete with passwords and other access codes. The form states that failure to do so constitutes a voluntary agreement to allow the employer to hold any and all monies owed the employee, including retirement, severance package and final paycheck until such time as the equipment, passwords and access codes are surrendered.

Drastic? Perhaps. Would it stand up in court? Don't know. To the best of my knowledge, no one has challenged it yet.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro