Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Multiple Family Sharing groups possible?

We currently have Family Sharing setup with four users (parents and two young kids) mostly for App purchase sharing. Works fine for our needs.
    With the upcoming Music service and a family package, I would like to setup a 'new' Family Sharing account for us two parents, a sibling, and her two older kids (our kids are too young to utilize the service).
    Question- is it possible to join multiple family sharing rings? I have a side iCloud account setup for sharing Hulu/HBO/Netflix subs (since they only require logins) and would be great to use for this upcoming Music service. I am just not sure if Family Sharing requires you to exit one "Family" before joining another.
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts

Default Re: Multiple Family Sharing groups possible?

A person (1 AppleID) can be in only one FamilyShare group at a time... And a group can not be rejoined for 12 months after leaving it.
    iMore Intermediate

113 Posts

Default Re: Multiple Family Sharing groups possible?

As kch said it is not possible to have multiple family sharing groups at a time.