How can I delete unused apps forever?

I

iMore Question

So I installed some free apps from App Store. I preview and I do not want it. So I uninstalled them. But the app still show up on my purchased list in my iPhone 5c even though these apps are already deleted in my iTunes library and I do not see these apps everywhere in my iTunes but it's still showing up in my iPhone 5c.

How do I get rid of it forever so it never show up in my Purchased list? What I want to see in my Purchased list is the list of apps that I have purchased ONLY, not apps that I have installed and uninstalled.

Thank you.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I do not believe this can be accomplished for apps on the iPhone. If you were using Family Sharing, you would have the option of hiding certain applications.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No. you can't hide what's in the purchased list. You just have to deal with it. I wish we could hide those we will never use. Like we can with music.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. you can't hide what's in the purchased list. You just have to deal with it. I wish we could hide those we will never use. Like we can with music.

Since when? I've always been able to hide apps from appearing in the purchased list, especially the crap my kids downloaded years back that I know I'll never use.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You can easily hide any app that you no longer want to see. Follow the steps below from your iOS device:

1. Open the App Store
2. Go to Updates tab
3. Tap My Purchases
4. Scroll to the app you want to hide
5. Tap and slide the entry to the left
6. Tap the HIDE button that appears on the far right
7. Repeat until you've hidden everything that you want to hide

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can easily hide any app that you no longer want to see. Follow the steps below from your iOS device:

1. Open the App Store
2. Go to Updates tab
3. Tap My Purchases
4. Scroll to the app you want to hide
5. Tap and slide the entry to the left
6. Tap the HIDE button that appears on the far right
7. Repeat until you've hidden everything that you want to hide

Can't be done on a phone. There should be an option to hide apps just like there is for music. Not everyone has a computer.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How? I don't see a "hide" option on my phone in the purchased list.

You're right about there not being a hide function on the phone, but doing it via iTunes will prevent the apps from being displayed on the phone and on your other devices.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
We have Family Sharing enabled, so your screen(s) may be different.

On the iPhone, click the AppStore, click on Updates and the Purchased link at the top. Now click on My Purchases, and follow the steps outlined above:

View attachment 82768View attachment 82769View attachment 82767

Yeah. My Wife and I don't use Family Sharing. Not just for the two of us. We do share my iTunes ID. But iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime are different. That has worked well so far. It could change though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2