Why is my iPad Mini is not charging?

I

iMore Question

I have an Ipad mini which I received for Christmas so its relatively new. It charged while I slept, so for about 8 hours. When I woke I used it for 15minutes then went to work, I've come home this arvo to an Ipad that wasn't turned on neither was it charging. Ive tried numerous times to turn it on Ive also left it to charge but nothing happened so I tried holding the two buttons down together for 15-20 seconds which turned the Ipad on, it then said to connect so Ive connected it to my laptop, it is now showing the main home screen which is good but then it is also displaying that the IPad battery is full BUT it is also saying that its 'NOT CHARGING'....
Please help, FRUSTRATED!!

Mark DeForest

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem with an Ipad not charging when plugged into the USB of my win 7 desktop, I had to download a free driver which increased the power to the device...it is called.."ASUS Ai charger"...that's all I remember...

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a different cable? You could also try plugging the iPad into a wall outlet and see if that works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an Ipad mini which I received for Christmas so its relatively new. It charged while I slept, so for about 8 hours. When I woke I used it for 15minutes then went to work, I've come home this arvo to an Ipad that wasn't turned on neither was it charging. Ive tried numerous times to turn it on Ive also left it to charge but nothing happened so I tried holding the two buttons down together for 15-20 seconds which turned the Ipad on, it then said to connect so Ive connected it to my laptop, it is now showing the main home screen which is good but then it is also displaying that the IPad battery is full BUT it is also saying that its 'NOT CHARGING'....
Please help, FRUSTRATED!!
If the battery is "full" then it will not continue to charge. Disconnect your iPad and then see if the battery meter shows it to be fully charged. If so, enjoy using your iPad. If not, you may need to restore your device. Since it's "relatively new", as you put it, take it to a nearby Apple Store to have them check it out for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods