Erase all data on broken iphone 5c?

I

iMore Question

Hi,
I have an iphone 5c that I dropped. After the drop, the screen wasn?t shattered or anything, but the phone has a black screen and the touch screen wasn?t working.
I want to just erase all my data on this phone and sell it for parts on ebay, but whenever I click restore iphone on itunes, it says that I need to disable find my iphone, and I cannot do this because I cannot even unlock my phone.
I?ve tried itools in an effort to mirror the screen on to my computer, but it doesn?t seem to work. I wanted to try reflector 2 since my phone is jailbroken, but in order for it to work I would need to turn on the wifi on my phone and I can?t do that because my screen is unresponsive as I said before.
Can anyone help disable find my iphone without using the phone, or let me know how to erase all my information on my phone??
p.s. my phone is jailbroken on ios 8.1.2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Login to the iCloud website, go to the Find My iPhone option and then erase the iPhone from within.

katie0132

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I need help too, My device is completely broken and whenever I try to do anything it doesnt turn on and it is basically wrecked. Ive tried find my phone but it does not work. It tells me my device is offline. I really need help, I have personal stuff on there and I dont want ANYONE to see it as it is of me and my family and friends. Please help me ASAP. :crying::crying::(:(:(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I need help too, My device is completely broken and whenever I try to do anything it doesnt turn on and it is basically wrecked. Ive tried find my phone but it does not work. It tells me my device is offline. I really need help, I have personal stuff on there and I dont want ANYONE to see it as it is of me and my family and friends. Please help me ASAP. :crying::crying::(:(:(

What you're asking cannot be done until your iPhone is fixed. If it's "completely broken", "doesn't turn on" and "is basically wrecked", as you've stated, no one is going to see what's on it.

Kansiluy

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Actually . my friend advised me to erase data with erase tool ,i never have a try , at ordinary times is simply delete files from phone , but i known , if you want to completely remove them, must be done with the help of some tools

Last edited:

Hancteruy

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
If you want to delete all data on iPhone, the common method you may want to try is to go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Data and Settings on your iPhone. maybe you can ask eraser tool for help ,. It can help eraser iPhone data, including contacts, SMS, photos,notes,videos and so on.

Last edited: