Iphone Browser Font

I

iMore Question

I can read the web pages on Android and BlackBerry but I find the font using Safari ?chrome on our iPhone too small. Why can't we adjust the font size on a web page. This just seems so basic to me.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If the font is too small, then the site doesn't have a mobile version or has poor css coding.
You have 2 options: either pinch zoom
or
Use reader view. You can do whatever you want with the font size in reader view.

Bbnivende

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If the font is too small, then the site doesn't have a mobile version or has poor css coding.
You have 2 options: either pinch zoom
or
Use reader view. You can do whatever you want with the font size in reader view.

I would just point out that this basic feature is available on my other phone , the lowly BlackBerry. This seems like just such a basic feature. I can't understand why Apple does not have text reflow or adjustable browser font sizes.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I would just point out that this basic feature is available on my other phone , the lowly BlackBerry.

Nobody really cares...
So use a blackberry if font scaling on poorly coded web pages is a problem for you.
Reader view does it on iOS natively.
Or download a 3rd party browser that allows css override. Opera mini offers text wrapping.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can read the web pages on Android and BlackBerry but I find the font using Safari ?chrome on our iPhone too small. Why can't we adjust the font size on a web page. This just seems so basic to me.

No one here can truly answer your question because we didn't create the Safari browser or the iPhone. Feel free to provide feedback directly to Apple via the following link.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p