I received a text msg and it shut my phone off and now I cannot get into my text msgs. What should I do?

I

iMore Question

I received a text msg and it shut my phone off and now I cannot get into my text msgs. Help!

I received an group msg and in this msg contained a text msg that turns your phone off. Now it has screwed up my phone and I cannot get into my text msgs.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: I received a text msg and it shut my phone off and now I cannot get into my text msgs. Help!

Are you saying you can't open the Messages app, or you can't get to that particular text message?

BlaineP

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I received a text msg and it shut my phone off and now I cannot get into my text msgs. Help!

The way that I fixed was to get Siri to read my messages to me. Will probably be the 1st message that is hanging it up. After Siri read me that I had a message from whatever # I then told Siri to reply with FIX. That fixed problem. You can't get into regular message to fix it. This was the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

dfeb6572e7facf3a214e23a4430ccb73.jpg

Was it similar to this one ?

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

BlaineP

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

When I got the message it locked my messages up where I couldn't even open the messages app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I just heard about this today. That's crazy!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

It's crazy, and what's even crazier is that people are punking their friends who use iPhones. I've seen comments on some sites where people boasting about doing it.
There are some sick people out there.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

It's crazy, and what's even crazier is that people are punking their friends who use iPhones. I've seen comments on some sites where people boasting about doing it.
There are some sick people out there.

Some people have a strange sense of humor. I'm not sure what my reaction would be if a "Friend" did this to me but I am sure that i would not post my ideas of retribution on the internet. LOL

rgough305

May 6, 2014
Visit site

I hope to see iOS 8.3.1 in the next day or so. . . .

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

It will not do any permanent harm to your device but it's not expectable to send at all

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Some people have a strange sense of humor. I'm not sure what my reaction would be if a "Friend" did this to me but I am sure that i would not post my ideas of retribution on the internet. LOL

True. The kinds of infantile behaviours exhibited as a result of platform wars are astonishing.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6