I can't remember my iCloud password, or security question. How can I get it?

I

iMore Question

I can't remember my icloud password, or security question Please help...

How can I get new ones

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: I can't remember my icloud password, or security question Please help...

How can I get new ones

Without knowing all the details, here are a few things you can do:

1. If you are the one that stole the device that you're trying to use you can see if the individual you stole it from will give you the information. I'm guessing they won't give it to you, but it's worth a shot.

2. If you are not the thief but purchased the device from someone who is, you can see if they can help you or give you your money back. Unlikely, but what have you got to lose?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I get forgetting a password. But how does one forget a security question?
OP, do you know the email ID?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

This is no lie: my wife's mother cannot remember passwords, security questions, IDs, or anything related to her accounts. I have to keep notes for her router, iPad, etc. That way, when she calls, I have the information to help her.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

This is no lie: my wife's mother cannot remember passwords, security questions, IDs, or anything related to her accounts. I have to keep notes for her router, iPad, etc. That way, when she calls, I have the information to help her.

Yeah, but it amazes me how some people who cannot remember their iCloud ID and password or the answers to their security questions have no problem finding iMore, and then locate the Ask A Question feature to ask their questions anonymously. Furthermore, questions like "In what city did you meet your spouse?" should be quite simple to recall. Know what I mean?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, but it amazes me how some people who cannot remember their iCloud ID and password or the answers to their security questions have no problem finding iMore, and then locate the Ask A Question feature to ask their questions anonymously. Furthermore, questions like "In what city did you meet your spouse?" should be quite simple to recall. Know what I mean?

Yes, Sir, I get your meaning. :yes:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The "security question" thing is huge flaw in the whole security process. Thanks to the internet and social media, one can easily determine answers to "mother's maiden name", "birthday", "where were you born" questions.

Many people (myself included) answer those types of questions with bogus answers - things like phrases, nursery rhyme snippets, etc. Forgetting the answers is not a rare situation in that case.

But yeah, I don't get the "I can't remember my email ID" thing - especially since they give you the w******g@g****.c** hint.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember my icloud password, or security question Please help...

I have to do exactly the same thing with my mom. I have every password of hers stored. I've had to reset her password and write down her security question answer as well. My mom calls me to find out what her email address is at least a few times a year. It makes both of our lives much easier. Lol

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I have to do exactly the same thing with my mom. I have every password of hers stored. I've had to reset her password and write down her security question answer as well. My mom calls me to find out what her email address is at least a few times a year. It makes both of our lives much easier. Lol

Hey, that's what us techies do for family, right?

KellyGal

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

I get what you're saying. My situation is very similar. My mother-in-law is 80 years young. Confusing as it is, my brother-in-law gave my husband and I an iPad and he gave my MIL a mini iPad as gifts that he won in golf tournaments. I swapped our iPad with her mini. I set her up for downloading books. Meanwhile she let some kid play on her mini and typed in every wrong answer to the security questions. I've called Apple and they reset the password. That's fine because I appreciate the security. She's set up fine, I just can't get into this mini because the security answers were typed/misspelled. I sent my mother-in-law off with our iPad with typed instructions on everything. I've tried so many things and I know there must be a way to bypass iCloud. Any suggestions? And no, I didn't steal it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I get what you're saying. My situation is very similar. My mother-in-law is 80 years young. Confusing as it is, my brother-in-law gave my husband and I an iPad and he gave my MIL a mini iPad as gifts that he won in golf tournaments. I swapped our iPad with her mini. I set her up for downloading books. Meanwhile she let some kid play on her mini and typed in every wrong answer to the security questions. I've called Apple and they reset the password. That's fine because I appreciate the security. She's set up fine, I just can't get into this mini because the security answers were typed/misspelled. I sent my mother-in-law off with our iPad with typed instructions on everything. I've tried so many things and I know there must be a way to bypass iCloud. Any suggestions? And no, I didn't steal it.

Regardless of whether you stole it or not, there is NO WAY around the Activation Lock. Either remember the password, reset the password, or use it as a table decoration. Sorry to be blunt, but it is exactly what it is.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't remember the answers to one of my security questions. Or I didn't spell it right or something. I called apple and they had to verify my identity other ways and then they let me reset my password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a question? Nothing came through aside from your quoting the OP.

tayyab1141

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I forget my icloud id pasword and some security answer and my big mistake i used my recovery email id same my icloud id.. in this case how i recover my icloud id

Ali Hasan5

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
I remember my password but id is blocked dont remember secuirity n email ?if any thing possible let

Remember password but account blocked but cant remember email r security ques?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: I remember my password but id is blocked dont remember secuirity n email ?if any thing possible

Remember password but account blocked but cant remember email r security ques?

You can try visiting http://iforgot.apple.com and selecting "Forgot Apple ID?" to look it up. If that doesn't work try contacting Apple Support. Perhaps they can help.

Once you figure things out you might want to write the information down and store it in a safe place (or use a password manager app). I have a ton of usernames and passwords on the internet but there are only a few that I absolutely must remember. As an Apple user, my Apple ID and password is darn near the top of that list.

OriEri

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Yep. Bogus answers is exactly what I use. Maiden name? Name of schools or friends? Street I lived on? All easy to find if someone is determined. So sometimes I forget the bogus answers. Fortunately, icloud passwords can be reset via an email link; but the problem here is my son's account recovery email address is the icloud address!! WTF? How was that even allowed?

If I choose a more obscure question like "favorite childrens' book" my sense of what this is may well change over the course of 5 years. I liked a LOT of books, you know? So, if I do not know the password, the security questions' bogus answers I chose so they would be hard to guess, and the recovery email address is the same as the account itself (again, it blows my mind that that would be permitted) what are my options? Abandon ship and data?

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711