Should I get a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro Without Retina Display?

I

iMore Question

I spent quite a while talking w/ someone at Apple last night. He shared w/ me basically that Apple is moving away from internal disc drives because of the heat they produce, are more apt to have problems due to moving parts and drain the battery more (I think I got all of that right). Because of that, and since the I've pretty much decided against the MacBook Pro without Retina Display, plus this model has been around for so long, I'm concerned that it won't continue it hold it's weight in technology much longer. Do you agree with this line of thought?
I'm now looking at getting a MacBook Air. The Apple person encouraged me to consider getting a refurbished MacBook Air because they were never used, but that something didn't go right in manufacturing and that mistake was then corrected at Apple itself (instead of being outsourced), so that it's the same as a totally new computer. They also have the same warranty as any Mac and even an extended warranty can be purchased for it. What do you think about purchasing a refurbished Mac?
Do you have a preference for the amount of RAM and a processor? I'm mainly using the computer for e-mail, surfing the web, word processing and possibly some tweaking of photos w/ Photoshop. I would also like to be able to have multiple programs open at one time, including checking for, downloading and installing Mac updates, without the computer slowing down.

Sincerely,
[Redacted}

Last edited by a moderator:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using my circa 2008 MacBook Pro... Yosemite is probably the last OSX it will get... Get the machine with the best specs you can afford with most ram first... Then the best processor...followed by storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR