Potential Convert: Battery Life iPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

I am currently on android and am looking to upgrade (on Galaxy S3, got it the year the 4 was released). I don't need to be sold on software, but I do want to know people's battery life experience.

I am most interested in people with an iPhone 6 that receive 40-60 notifications (emails and texts) a day, stream music on the way to and from work, read a couple of web articles, and use continuity sporadically. If your experience is not exactly the same, but is roughly the equivalent that works to.

Please note, that I only care about the iPhone 6, not the 6 Plus.

I know everyone has different experiences, but I want to see what the range is.

Thanks

Witness

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Let's put it this way. I'm a fairly heavy user and today I was at 49% around lunch (12PM). I unplugged it this morning at 7AM. The thing is, I'm experiencing a massive decrease in battery life since the last update. Apparently buggy updates are a thing that iOS users seem to be used to, hearing such suggestions as "don't update yet until you find out if there are people experiencing issues." That seems acceptable to iPhone users, smh. By the time I got in the office, my iP6 was running for 1.5hrs and the battery read 89%. I don't have much background apps running - something like 5-6, the WiFi is on and I have it tethered on BT to my Microsoft Band.

Prior to the update, I would be at around 70% at lunch. There is a problem with this update and unless you really want an iPhone, or you are the type that must use a bajillion apps on your phone, I suggest checking out Windows Phone. Battery life was so much better on the Nokia 920 I had that I didn't need to plug in during the middle of the day. I had over 120+ apps loaded on it, but I used 6-7 daily.

Good luck.
On a side note, if you'd like to buy an unlocked GSM iPhone 6 128GB in gold and excellent condition, I may be selling it soon.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 6 and her battery life is fine. She charges her phone every 2 days, and she does not even attempt to conserve battery.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 6. But from what I have seen here, the 6 gets good battery life. Not quite as good as the 6 Plus, but better than the 5s. Heavy users whom purchased their 6 last September or October may begin to see a slight drop soon. 7 months of heavy use will do that. There's a "show your iPhone 6 battery" thread here somewhere that was done soon after everyone got their new 6. I'll look.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro