Should i spend $200 for better processor in 15" rMBP
I will be purchasing a 15 inch retina MacBook Pro. I will be going with the highest end model, but am wondering if I will need the bump in processor and more storage. I will be using it primarily for school and Programming. I do all different kinds of programming, as well and running multiple virtual machines (of Linux, Windows, and older version of OS X). I do need a lot of processing power, but I am wondering if the extra $200 is worth it. Also, I have never had a laptop that I needed to use to do this, and am wondering if programming and lots of virtual machines will require me to spend the $500 to buy the upgrade to 1TB on the SSD Storage. Any help is appreciated.
- 05-20-2015, 07:28 AM #2
- 05-20-2015, 07:35 AM #3
Re: Should i spend $200 for better processor in 15" rMBP
When I purchase a computer, I always go with the high-end model. . . . No, you don't "need" to spend the extra money; you’ll be fine with the cheaper version. With that being said, if you have the extra money, get the “highest end model”. You'll be much happier for much longer.
- 05-20-2015, 11:09 AM #4
- By Evilguppy in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 05-20-2015, 08:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2015, 07:15 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2015, 04:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2015, 04:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2015, 03:25 PM