With iOS calender events, why can't I create invitee and can't add invitee requests?

I

iMore Question

iOS: calender events. Can't create with invitee and can't add invitee.

I was noticing all calender events I made were disappearing shortly after I had made them. I could not understand why so I checked calender settings, contacts settings and iCloud settings. Nothing seemed wrong.
Then I tried just making the most simple event with only a name and time and that stayed and worked. Played around and found that it was when it has an invitee that it disappears. If I try to edit an event and add an invitee then after I save it has a grey background for a few seconds then rolls back to the event that did not have an invitee.
I am also unable to receive invites from my friend.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS: calender events. Can't create with invitee and can't add invitee.

I don't have this issue. What phone do you have? What version of iOS are you running?

Mette81

May 18, 2015
Visit site

It's both on my:
iPhone 5S 64 gold with iOS 8.1.3
and
iPad mini with iOS 8.2
Must be something with my account. Worked a few weeks ago for sure . Haven't updated any iOS since.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

It's both on my:
iPhone 5S 64 gold with iOS 8.1.3
and
iPad mini with iOS 8.2
Must be something with my account. Worked a few weeks ago for sure . Haven't updated any iOS since.

If it were me, I would update to the latest version of iOS and see if that helps. If you really don’t want to update the OS, you could try signing out, restarting, and signing back in on both devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2