How do I remove a flag from a photo in the new Apple Photos application?
I had 181 photos flagged in iPhoto prior to the migration to the new photos app. In the new application, they appear in a folder named "Flagged". When I delete the picture from this folder, it deletes the photo from my library.
How can I get it out of the flagged folder without removing it from my library?
- 05-18-2015, 10:22 AM #2
- 07-04-2015, 07:32 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: How do I remove a flag from a photo in the new Apple Photos application?
Photos converts the flag from iPhoto to a keyword. Here's how to remove the flags:
Go to the smart album labeled as "Flagged". Select all of the photos by using the keyboard shortcut Command-A. Use the keyboard shortcut Command-I to pull up the Info window. You will see "Flagged" listed as a keyword. Select this keyword and hit Delete key. All of the photos will be removed from the Flagged smart album.
The only way I can see to flag photos for use in projects is to select photos and then add "Flagged" as a keyword. They will then appear in the Flagged smart album. I'm doing this now and it's a bit clunky with a 350 GB photo library. Hope Apple brings back the easier way to flag photos!
- 11-30-2015, 10:15 PM #4
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2015, 12:35 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-18-2015, 09:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2015, 07:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-17-2015, 04:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2015, 03:47 PM