How do I remove a flag from a photo in the new Apple Photos application?

I

iMore Question

I had 181 photos flagged in iPhoto prior to the migration to the new photos app. In the new application, they appear in a folder named "Flagged". When I delete the picture from this folder, it deletes the photo from my library.
How can I get it out of the flagged folder without removing it from my library?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to copy the photos to your desktop, remove the photos from Photos, create a new folder, and then place the pictures into that new folder?

dmo15900

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Photos converts the flag from iPhoto to a keyword. Here's how to remove the flags:

Go to the smart album labeled as "Flagged". Select all of the photos by using the keyboard shortcut Command-A. Use the keyboard shortcut Command-I to pull up the Info window. You will see "Flagged" listed as a keyword. Select this keyword and hit Delete key. All of the photos will be removed from the Flagged smart album.

The only way I can see to flag photos for use in projects is to select photos and then add "Flagged" as a keyword. They will then appear in the Flagged smart album. I'm doing this now and it's a bit clunky with a 350 GB photo library. Hope Apple brings back the easier way to flag photos!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW