Why am I not seeing more free disk space upon transferring iphoto library to Photos iCloud library?

I

iMore Question

My iphoto library of around 45 GB was taking too much space, so I wanted to take advantage of apples photos introduction and the usage of icloud library. I purchased additional iclouds storage space, went through the setup and it seems I successfully uploaded all of my photos and videos. I enabled "optimize mac storage" and disabled "download originals to this mac" in photos preferences.

The actual storage on the local disk has, however, not increased. I know photos creates "links" to photos and video in iCloud, but one expects to have extra disk space available due to optimisation, right?

Weird thing is also that finder says iPhoto library is still 45GB, while photos library is only 5 GB. At the same time, system preferences show around 28 GB was transfered to iCloud. I am confused. Any advice?

Macbook Air 128GB, Yosemite 10.3

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen a couple of times before, and I restarted my computer or reindexed my drive to fix it. Assuming you're having the same issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro