Texts within the thread disappeared. Has my phone been hacked?
I was negotiating a purchase from someone who turned out to be a fraud. The photos and product serial number he texted to me disappeared after I opened them up once. I had copied down the info and emailed myself the photos immediately, and so I still retained them, but the texts themselves disappeared. The serial number proved to be invalid on enquiry, but the evidence was now gone.
What kind of software can do this? I have learned of self destructing emails, but I believe the recipient has to be complicit. Or is it a function of Imessage? We were both using iphone 5's.
Or has my phone been hacked?
- 05-16-2015, 11:51 AM #2
- 05-16-2015, 12:08 PM #3
- 38,490 Posts
Re: Texts within the thread disappeared. Has my phone been hacked?
There are 3rd-party solutions that can cause messages do self-destruct but it's my understanding that both parties have to be using the same app. I'm unaware of an app that will cause certain messages to disappear within the iMessage app on an iOS device. Having said that, photos and audio messages can self-destruct from iMessage, but not text messages.
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 2Last Post: 05-15-2015, 01:46 AM
- By GeminiMarz in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-15-2015, 12:26 AM
- By LUIS LABRADOR in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 05-14-2015, 11:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 05-14-2015, 09:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2015, 06:50 PM