Why do my group messages keep cutting off non-Iphone users?
I have been sending a group message to three friends, two of whom have iPhones, the other doesn't. For the longest time, the messages would go through as SMS messages because I have the setting checked off to allow SMS messages when iMessage is unavailable. These group messages worked to these three recipients for over a year.
But now, whenever we send a message, it automatically cuts off the non iPhone user out of the group text when one iPhone user responds and converts the format of the text over to an iMessage. I can't figure out why this keeps happening but it keeps cutting my non iPhone friend out of the group texts.
- 05-14-2015, 10:51 AM #2iMore Genius
- 3,636 Posts
Re: Why do my group messages keep cutting off non-Iphone users?
Does you friend have a birthday coming soon? An iPhone would make a great gift.
Seriously, there are some issues with group messages for non-iPhone users, and it appears it can be worse with some carriers. Has your friend switched cellular providers recently?
- By linhow in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-15-2015, 12:06 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-14-2015, 10:26 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2015, 10:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2015, 09:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-14-2015, 09:29 AM