Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Managing Editor

Default How do I upload photos to Facebook from the new Photos for Mac?

From iMore's Photo Help email:

"Iíve been searching without success, trying to find out how to upload pictures from the new Photos app that replaced iPhoto on my Mac with the latest upgrade. FB canít find any pictures that Iíve saved since the upgrade. I can upload photos ďto" FB from the new Photos app but Iím not able to change my cover picture or upload a picture in a comment on someoneís page unless I use a picture that Iíve previously uploaded to FB from the Photos app.

I feel like Iím talking in circles! Bottom line, I just want to be able to ďadd photoĒ while on Facebook but so far havenít figured out how to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!"
  2. Best Answer

In Safari, on FB - I click the obvious places to add a photo and get a Finder-like window where on the left, under 'Media' I can select 'Photos' - and everything appears to the right of the sidebar, and photos are selectable... As to albums, etc - on Safari/Facebook - that behaves for me like it always has to make an album, rearrange, pick key picture, etc...

iMore Genius

Default Re: How do I upload photos to Facebook from the new Photos for Mac?

Is this a question or just an example?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,817 Global Posts

In Safari, on FB - I click the obvious places to add a photo and get a Finder-like window where on the left, under 'Media' I can select 'Photos' - and everything appears to the right of the sidebar, and photos are selectable... As to albums, etc - on Safari/Facebook - that behaves for me like it always has to make an album, rearrange, pick key picture, etc...
    iMore Nanite

I have the exact same problem trying to upload photos to Facebook. I have attempted everything I can think of without success. I can upload numerous photos, but it always puts them in the last album I uploaded, no matter what I try. Any ideas?
    iMore Nanite

I liked kch50428ís answer and it led my in the right direction. One other thing I had to do was to scroll down to find ĎMediaí because it didnít show up at first.
    iMore Nanite

Your answer solved the problem for me. I've been unable to upload pictures to Facebook using the new Photos app ever since it appeared. Thank you so much!
    iMore Nanite

Thanks, guys. Works in Chrome, too.
    iMore Nanite

I am trying to learn how to use the Mac OS X Photos app to upload photos to my Facebook page, that is, within the Photos app [v.1.5], not when logged into my FB account. I recall, probably from iPhotos daze, that I could do that, but no more.

Not to cloud the primary issue, but I have an entire Photos album of 23 photos that I'd like to post.
    iMore Nanite

Go to your album, and at the top of the page is an icon that looks like a square with an arrow pointing up. Click on that icon for a list of options to use in sharing your photos. Facebook is one of the options.