Help with Google Voice and Touch ID?

I

iMore Question

Hello! I am a brand new iphone user. I switched from a Samsung galaxy to an iphone 6 this last friday. I think I feel good about keeping this phone. I love a lot of things about it so far. There are couple things I was wondering about, however...and hoped someone might be able to help. I have tried some google searches but not knowing much about the phone has made it hard to figure out the best way to search!

1- Google Voice:

I am a sprint customer and have integrated my phone number with google voice. It's been that way for years. With the android phones I have had, I was able to set it up to where when I would text from the PC, I would get the reply to both the PC and the ANY messaging app I chose to use on the phone, whether that was the GV app, the GoSMS app or the default messaging app. As such, I opted to only use GoSMS, so alerts were turned off on the default and GV apps. So, sent texts were showing on PC only, and received texts were showing on both GoSMS app and PC.

With this iphone 6, I can't figure out how to accomplish the same thing. I sent a text from the PC as a test to two people (one iphone user and one android user). The reply from the iphone user went only to the imessage app. The reply from the android user went to both the imessage app and the GV app, as well as GV on the PC.

Is there a way to ensure that the iphone users replies also go to the PC?

2- Touch ID & Passcode:

I added two fingerprints in this setting. At the top, there is the option to use Touch ID for iphone unlock, apple pay and itunes/app store. When I turn those options on so that I dont have to keep entering my password when I get an app, it turns on the passcode option as well. Is there a way to only have the Touch ID enabled and NOT the passcode? Ideally, I would be able to only have the slide unlock upon phone entry and use the Touch ID for pretty much everything else.

Thanks for your help, guys!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since I've used GV on the iPhone. I used it exclusively on my iPhone 5S. Check the settings in the GV app for text message forwarding I believe.
I stopped using GV when I got the iPhone 6 Plus because I use Macs and the new text and calling features in Mac OS X.

You have to set up a password when using Touch ID

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner