What should I do if I got soap in my iPhone?

I

iMore Question

i was sitting out side while my sister was blowing bubbles when she kicked the bottle of soap and it dumped all over my phone 4. the soap got into the speakers and charger port. i put it in rive for like an hour and turned it back on and now the home button doesn't work and voice control automatically goes on every once and a while. what should i do now?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: what should i do if i got soap in my iphone

i was sitting out side while my sister was blowing bubbles when she kicked the bottle of soap and it dumped all over my phone 4. the soap got into the speakers and charger port. i put it in rive for like an hour and turned it back on and now the home button doesn't work and voice control automatically goes on every once and a while. what should i do now?

Lather. Rinse. Repeat?

Once water (with or without soap) is introduced to the internals of an electronic item, problems will follow. The soap can actually make things worse because of the additional chemical deposits that will result. Do you have insurance on it? This would be a good time to file a claim for a replacement device.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: what should i do if i got soap in my iphone

Expect it to fail completely... Look for a replacement.

Yep, that about sums it up, unfortunately. Hopefully, the IP purchased AppleCare + for it within the past 2 years.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods