iCloud Photo Library cannot download photo in iOS 8.3. Why?

zeus_bones

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I am in the process of uploading all of my photos to iCloud Photo Library from my MacBook. It has finished about 3500 out of 8000. But if I try to view a picture on my iphone (5s iOS 8.3) it says "Cannot Download Photo.
There was an error downloading this photo from your iCloud Photo Library. Please try again later". All the low reolution thumbnails are there, but it just wont let me view them in the full resolution. It only happens when i'm on my mobile network, on wifi it works just fine. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Thanks, Christian

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: iCloud Photo Library cannot download photo iOS 8.3

Have you verified you have the option to use cellular data for Photos enabled in Settings?

zeus_bones

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yeah i have the data option turned on under cellular settings. Ive tried rebooting the phone to see if it would help kickstart it but it didnt help. To be more accurate, if i try to view a picture on my mobile betwork, i get a little loading symbol in the bottom right corner that never gets past 25%. Its not untill i try to edit the picture that i get the error message, and im stuck with a low resolution image

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yeah i have the data option turned on under cellular settings. Ive tried rebooting the phone to see if it would help kickstart it but it didnt help. To be more accurate, if i try to view a picture on my mobile betwork, i get a little loading symbol in the bottom right corner that never gets past 25%. Its not untill i try to edit the picture that i get the error message, and im stuck with a low resolution image

My suggestion would be to wait until all the pictures are uploaded and try again. I know I had some funky issues while my photos were uploading, but then the problems went away.

Olli Pikkarainen

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem! I have thumbnails of photos, but every high res download gets stuck at 25%. Tried to turn icloud on/off.

Also, my used space items only add up to 4GB (photos being 1,1GB), although it says used 11,3GB. Maybe some iCloud magic also there.

Olli Pikkarainen

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Okay, did 2 things and now it works: 1. Wiped iPhone6 and restored from iCloud, 2. Went to iCloud.com photos app and it did something with the library.

katstell

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I was having this same problem and I solved it by selecting a moment and sharing it through iCloud Photo Sharing. I let it prepare the pics and then once that was done I canceled the sharing. It seemed to kick start the download of each pic in that moment.

sskye66

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I was having similar issues I backed up phone then turned off icloud photo library then back on that fixed my issues

yasoeds

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I am in the process of uploading all of my photos to iCloud Photo Library from my MacBook. It has finished about 3500 out of 8000. But if I try to view a picture on my iphone (5s iOS 8.3) it says "Cannot Download Photo.
There was an error downloading this photo from your iCloud Photo Library. Please try again later". All the low reolution thumbnails are there, but it just wont let me view them in the full resolution. It only happens when i'm on my mobile network, on wifi it works just fine. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Thanks, Christian

I've had the same problem few days ago. And I tried all possible way but no luck until I decided to reset my iPhone into its original/factory settings and restore from iCloud backup. It turned out well and now all my photos and videos work pretty good.
I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2