Any performance different if I install Win8.1 on my macbook pro retina?
I love my 15" macbook pro retina. But I need to use Windows OS on my work. So, is there any performance issue if I install Windows 8.1 on my macbook? Any overheat or slow performance when running Windows on OS X ? Please help. Thanks.
- 05-07-2015, 09:48 AM #2iMore Specialist
- 936 Posts
Re: Any performance different if I install Win8.1 on my macbook pro retina?
Running it through bootcamp would be the same performance as any high-end Windows laptop.
Running it through something like VMware or Parallels allows you to run Windows and OSX at the same time. Performance is slightly slower since it's a virtual machine, but it still runs great.
- 05-07-2015, 10:15 AM #3
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2015, 09:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-07-2015, 07:53 AM
- By Deanig_12 in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 5Last Post: 05-06-2015, 08:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2015, 07:59 PM