Please Help: iOS camera roll backed up but now I can't find pictures - So Confused, where could they be?

I

iMore Question

Please Help: iOS Camera Roll Backed Up But Now Can't Find Pictures - So Confused

I needed to clear space, so I backed up the Camera Roll to iCloud, so that I could later view it on the computer.

I have been working on this for about 4 whole days, and when I say whole days I mean all day. It's a nightmare. I backed up Camera Roll on an older version of iOS to iCloud, so now it is supposedly in the Cloud but when I look on Yosemite at my iCloud it does not show these photos.

My iOS says "Last Backup - the date these Camera Roll photos were uploaded" so it should have them there. But why doesn't it?

I'm trying to be cool but after days, I'm going to cry.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please Help: iOS Camera Roll Backed Up But Now Can't Find Pictures - So Confused

It sounds like your iCloud albums are out of sync. Are you running a beta version of Yosemite? What version of iOS are you running?

It seems likely that one of your devices has converted your photo stream to iCloud photo library and the other device is unable to access the photos since the software is out of sync.

The easiest way to tell what's going on is to access icloud.com and click the photos option. If you're able to view your photos here, then you have iCloud photo library enabled.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please Help: iOS Camera Roll Backed Up But Now Can't Find Pictures - So Confused

You can't back up photo to iCloud then delete them because the next backup they will be gone. iCloud back up only backs up what is currently on your camera roll. It's not the same as iCloud Photo Library. If you have backed up again with no photos on your camera roll, you may have lost them. If you used iCloud Photo Library, then they should be there.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR