Transferring messages, notes, calendar, reminders, iBooks, and contacts from iPhone 3 to iPhone 6. How can I accomplish this?

I

iMore Question

Transferring messages, notes, calendar, reminders, ibooks, and contacts from iPhone 3 to iPhone 6

Good morning.

I have finally upgraded from an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 6. I need assistance, please in transferring messages, notes, calendar, reminders, ibooks, and contacts.

On my iPhone 3, I have an iCloud account and the following are turned "On": Contacts, Calendars, Reminders. When I try to turn "On" Notes, I get a message that I need to create an icloud.com email address to turn On Notes.

At the AT&T store, the sales rep installed AT&T Transfer on my old phone but upon research, it appears it is not compatiable, though the IOS is 6.1.6 (the minimum is 5.0).

I did perform a backup to the cloud but I don't know what got backed up!

Also, is it necessary for me to to create an icloud.com account in order to backup Notes?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Transferring messages, notes, calendar, reminders, ibooks, and contacts from iPhone 3 to iPhone

Between syncing to iTunes and restoring a backup made on iTunes on a computer, everything on your old phone will transfer to the new one... And all you need for notes syncing is to turn it on...email too... Since you have the iCloud account, you already have the email address.

Over 50

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Transferring messages, notes, calendar, reminders, ibooks, and contacts from iPhone 3 to iPhone

Thanks for replying, kch50428.

Let me throw a monkey wrench into the mix. What if my computer has bitten the dust and I'm unable to use it to get to iTunes? Will I still be able to transfer everything using iCloud?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Transferring messages, notes, calendar, reminders, ibooks, and contacts from ...

Thanks for replying, kch50428.

Let me throw a monkey wrench into the mix. What if my computer has bitten the dust and I'm unable to use it to get to iTunes? Will I still be able to transfer everything using iCloud?

Yes. You just sign in with your iCloud log in. But you don't get the back up in iTunes. You get what's backed up in iCloud. So if your old phone was backed up to iCloud, you should get everything OK.
Much you should get anyway.
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Over 50

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, Ledsteplin.

I've been so busy asking questions about transferring information from my old phone, now I need to find information to upload onto my new phone!

Wish me luck, please. I think I'll need it! :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro