Cable managment

ivomec

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I travel a lot for work and was just wondering if there were any reviews for cable organizers. I think I'm leaning more toward one of the roll type ones. I have about 6 power cables for a plethora of devices. Any suggestions would be appreciated .

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I keep a separate pouch in my backpack for cables. I make sure each cable is neatly wrapped with VELCRO straps. Using this method, I've never lost or damaged a single cable.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have several zippered pouches that came with Kensington cable locks years ago. I keep the cables coiled up in one of those bags for short trips. I have a more elaborate setup for longer trips and/or if my wife is with me (more devices to keep charged).

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Last edited:

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have several zippered pouches that came with Kensington cable locks years ago. I keep the cables coiled up in those bags for travel.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Can you take a screenshot of your cable? I want to know to buy one. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The contents of my "go bag" varies by whether or not my wife accompanies me on my travel, how long I am going to be gone, and how much gear I am taking.

If it's just me and a short trip, generally have just my phone, or possibly an iPad, too. I use the 12w iPad charger and a couple of cables, carried in a small zippered pouch:

View attachment 81128

For longer trips, or where I have my wife with me, we typically take more gear - 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. In those cases, I take the following gear:
The Anker 40w 5 port wall charger, a Jackery Giant+ 2, and a collection of 4" MFi lightning cables, coiled micro USB cables, and a single 12w iPad charger block, all stored in a hardshell EVA case (foam insert removed).
View attachment 81129 View attachment 81130

This kit fits well in the bottom of my back pack, and keeps everything together and provides quick access.

Last edited:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My "go bag" varies by whether or not my wife accompanies me on my travel, how long I am going to be gone, and how much gear I am taking. If it's just me and a short trip, I use the 12w iPad charger and a couple of cables, carried in a small zippered pouch:

View attachment 81128

For longer trips, or where I have my wife with me, we typically take more gear - 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. In those cases, I take the following gear:
The Anker 40w 5 port wall charger, a Amazon.com: Jackery Giant+ 2-USB Portable External Battery Charger - 12000mAh (Orange): Cell Phones & Accessories, and a collection of 4" MFi lightning cables, coiled micro USB cables, and a single 12w iPad charger block, all stored in a hardshell EVA case (foam insert removed).
View attachment 81129 View attachment 81130

This kit fits well in the bottom of my back pack, and keeps everything together and provides quick access.

You, Sir, are my hero. Kudos to you!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the kit bag?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You, Sir, are my hero. Kudos to you!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the kit bag?

Which bag? The hardshell case came from Amazon (each item in my previous post links to a source). For the smaller zippered pouch, it was something that I had around the house. It originally came with a Kensington laptop cable lock, but I have repurposed the pouch. I used to be responsible for laptop support at my company, and we issued the cable locks. Many times, the guys didn't want the pouches that the cable locks came in, so I snagged them. Some times it pays to be a packrat. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2