Unlocking a locked iPhone 6
I am originally from the Netherlands and have come to attend university in America. I currently have an iPhone 5 and its freezing almost everyday so what I am planning on doing is buying an iPhone 6. I don't have money to pay 800 dollars for a 64GB one in the apple store, but then I saw this link from Walmart which offered Refurbished iPhone 6's of 64GB for 548 dollars, but its locked to a Sprint Network.
They have the 64GB version for 548 dollars. If i sell my iPhone 5 for 200 bucks or so I would have enough money. I know there is a place at the local mall here that unlocks iPhones for 30 dollars. Seems to me that if I do that its a lot cheaper than buying an iPhone from Apple.
I am wondering if anybody has any experience with this. I'm afraid I'm missing something here.
- 04-29-2015, 05:19 PM #2
Re: Unlocking a locked iPhone 6
If you do some looking around from 3rd party resellers you may be able to find an iPhone6 thats unlocked and you can afford... if you buy one that is/was on the Verizon network here in the US - it will be unlocked such that it would be useable at home.
- 04-29-2015, 05:37 PM #3
- 04-29-2015, 05:49 PM #4
- 04-29-2015, 06:22 PM #5
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 5Last Post: 05-11-2015, 03:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2015, 01:01 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2015, 01:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2015, 11:31 AM