How do I transfer from 4S to 6 on itunes when I couldn't get it to work the first time?
I backed up my 4s to itunes. Then, I plugged in my 6. It had the screen with the 3 options: new phone, restore from icloud, restore from backup. I pushed "restore from backup". It would not let me do that. It said that I had to id as a new phone and update to the latest version on the phone first. So, I did that, but now that screen never comes up. Not sure what to do.
- 04-26-2015, 04:20 PM #2
- 38,490 Posts
Re: How do I transfer from 4S to 6 on itunes when I couldn't get it to work the first time?
If the backup created with the iPhone 4S was from an earlier or the same iOS version then you should be able to restore that backup to your iPhone 6. I am assuming you've updated your iPhone 6 to iOS 8.3, if so, all you have to do now is plug it to your computer, run the computer's iTunes app and then select restore. You will be prompted to store from the last backup version with the option to choose an earlier backup, if available.
- By Ragnarok524 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 04-29-2015, 08:59 PM
- By boxta in forum iCloudReplies: 2Last Post: 04-26-2015, 02:55 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-26-2015, 02:38 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2015, 02:30 PM
- By Suggs68 in forum Apple WatchReplies: 3Last Post: 04-26-2015, 02:29 PM