Why isn't the digitizer in iOS 8.3 working properly?

I

iMore Question

ios 8.3 digitizer issue

Hello friends

After upgrade to ios 8.3 my iPad (a1458) digitizer (never replaced, no shocks, not even a scratch) became unresponsive.

I took it to repair guy he tested with a new digitizer and it's exactely the same !!

All resets has been made (restore, dfu) even motherboard has been disconnected from battery and the power button pushed for minutes !!

Is it dead ? Should I wait another upgrade to test ?

Thank you for your answers

Best regards

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: ios 8.3 digitizer issue

I don't know, but I suggest taking your iPad to the nearest Apple Store and have them troubleshoot it for you.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
ios 8.3 digitizer issue

Hello friends

After upgrade to ios 8.3 my iPad (a1458) digitizer (never replaced, no shocks, not even a scratch) became unresponsive.

I took it to repair guy he tested with a new digitizer and it's exactely the same !!

All resets has been made (restore, dfu) even motherboard has been disconnected from battery and the power button pushed for minutes !!

Is it dead ? Should I wait another upgrade to test ?

Thank you for your answers

Best regards

Based on what you said, let's say it was a new iPad, if you took it to me and I was at the Apple Store you would end up having to replace it with a new one.

A few hours ago I was insulted and called a Samsung troll for telling people to PROCEED WITH CAUTION when it comes to Apple updates. They ridiculed me and the thread was closed.

How do you feel about Apple updates now?

I stand by what I said. If your Apple device is working fine, don't fix it. Leave it alone. These updates are mostly about fixing things that don't affect you. Once in a while they introduce a killer feature you need. Like multitasking, or attaching pictures from an email, or toggles and Notification Center. Those were major things, but mostly these things make no difference. All you got from 8.3 was a dead iPad.

This is my update. It has been staring at me for days. I look at it and laugh.

274da553221da7948dffa887684baf10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wylliefox

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I have a friend who is a computer programmer and he say's the same thing, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Updates are not all about "fixing". If you want to see a real boondoggle, check out the LG G3 update from KitKat to Lollipop. Many angry users doing a Factory reset! LOL

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

A lot of LG G2 users waiting for this update as well. If I had mine I would skip it.

Some people have to have the latest thing. Me, if it is working great leave it alone.

If the update adds something I want then I wait until everyone updates and I browse the Internet to see how it is.

I did update my iPad not too long after I got it. From 8.1 to 8.1.3. It took me about 2 weeks to finally download and install. 2 weeks of reading. After I was convinced that the issue I had was fixed, then I updated it.

It was an issue where the iPad Air 2 would crash to the Apple logo. I updated and it was fixed and no new issues were created. And that's it. No more for me. Works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77