How can I know when someone reads my text?

I

iMore Question

I want to know when someone reads my text.

I see where we can send a read receipt for a message sent to us. However, I want to know when they read the iMessage i sent them. Because it is delivered doesn't mean they read it. Thanks!!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: I want to know when someone reads my text.

Not possible on iMessage unless the receiver has read receipts active.
Not possible at all for SMS (text) messages.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You will see that on some who use iMessage, but some won't enable that feature. They don't want others to know they have read it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

You will see that on some who use iMessage, but some won't enable that feature. They don't want others to know they have read it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Yup I'm one of those people. I find it annoying when ppl just expect you to respond right away like you have nothing better to do.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yup I'm one of those people. I find it annoying when ppl just expect you to respond right away like you have nothing better to do.

I look at it from the other side of the fence. Not getting a response from someone that you know ALWAYS has their phone in their hand while texting. Annoying as hell!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I agree. There are times when it's not appropriate to respond. And there are times when you just do not want to respond. I don't want to feel like I "have to" answer someone (not including wife and children) right now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77